#USWDEM16 Conference – SOLD OUT!
#USWDEM16 – SOLD OUT!!
Following our highly successful inaugural event last year, the University of South Wales are pleased to announce #USWDEM16 based around the theme of Service Innovation and Best Practice. The one day event will be held at the University of South Wales’ Treforest campus within the USW Conference Centre (CF37 1DL) on Wednesday 14th September 2016. Conference founder and organiser Karyn Davies, (Senior Lecturer in Mental Health within USW’s Faculty of Life Sciences and Education) says:
Following the resounding success of #USWDEM15 I am delighted to be hosting this event again with such a fantastic line up of speakers, and some sessions that I know will really hit home and deliver a powerful message to all attending. Dementia is one of the biggest global public health challenges facing our generation and this event aims to bring together a wide range of people with a common interest in the Care and Support of people living with Dementia in Wales.
Speakers at the 2016 event include:
- Vaughan Gething – Welsh Government Cabinet Secretary for Health, Well-Being and Sport
- Judith Major – Keep Safe Cymru (South Wales Police)
- Sarah Rochira – Older Peoples Commissioner for Wales
- Mark Jones – The Young Onset Dementia Service, Cardiff and the Vale UHB
- Representatives from the Welsh DEEP (Dementia Engagement and Empowerment Project) Network
The morning will also involve stories from:
- Karen Kitch “Living with Dementia… My Story”
- The story of award winning Private Eye cartoonist Tony Husband’s Dad’s dementia “Take Care Son: The Story of my Dad and his Dementia”
- Mrs Viv Morgan – A moving presentation from a carer “What’s Best for Alan? A Wife’s Story”
The event also provides an opportunity to attend one of six afternoon workshops, poster viewing and an opportunity to network with others over refreshments and lunch.
For more information on this year’s programme please download this pdf Latest USWDEM16 Programme – please contact the Conference Team on 01443 482002 (Monday – Friday 9am – 4.30pm) or email [email protected] should you wish to register or find out more about the event.
We hope to welcome you to this year’s event!